Thursday, June 12, 2014

CRAZY

Tuesday 3:00 PM Deep Stack $235 at the Rio was absolutely one of the craziest tournaments I have ever played! Starting stacks are 12K, blinds at 25 & 50 with 30 min. rounds.  I hovered around the 12K starting stack moving a little over and a little under for most of the first 5 levels.  The 2 hands before dinner break I find A,6d in the big blind and call a small raise from UG (Under the Gun). the flop comes 10,10,6 no diamonds.  It is only he and I so I decide to shove (All In) and he insta calls and turns quad 10s. Down to 4K. Next hand before dinner break I tripled up and with blinds and antes and I now have about 35K.

After dinner I go on a tear winning most and losing a few.  Most notable loss was AA vs. QQ when a Q came on the flop (First 3 cards dealer turns over). I am up and down like the proverbial YoYo. All in on 5,2s, win. All in on 8,7h, win. All in on 10,9h win. Building a huge stack. Everyone at my table just shaking their heads and mumbling to themselves.  Everyone staying out of my way.  Working my way to the final 2 tables then down to twelve.  Catch KK in the small blind and their are two all ins in front of me.  I call hoping neither has AA. They didn't, I fade an A and win a huge pot, as well as moving to the final table.

Final table I have almost 4 million  in chips with the blinds at 60K, 120K and 10K ante. At this level it is a crap shoot and no ones chips are safe.  It is really an international final table with players from Brazil, Italy, England and Canada.  One player leaves and their are 9.  Talk of a chop begins but older guy from Italy refuses and says "let's gamble" (not in Italian). Another player leaves and now there are 8. Talk again of a chop. Everyone would get 4th place $$$ that came to $14,600.  Italy finally says OK if he can the 8th place payout (lower tax ramifications). It was kind of funny because the Brazilian player's English was not very good and his friend had to translate everything for him as the negotion went on. Everyone agreed and I had a great night.

This will be my last post until early August when I will be playing at the Ameristar in Ind. in the Heartland Poker Tour.  By the way I will be on TV on July 13th (tentative) on Comcast Sports Net. Check local listings for time. I will post on Facebook when it is finalized. Stay tuned!!!




No comments: